The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Saturday, April 15, 2023

RoadTrippin' Time, Chillicothe's Grandview Cemetery

In my Running the Blockade: Civil War Navy blog I have been writing about the 27th USCT (United States Colored Troops) Infantry Regiment which took part in the Battle of Fort Fisher.

I found that two members of the 27th had a last name of Butler and were buried in Grandview Cemetery in Chillicothe, Ohio.  In keeping with my RoadTripping Through History thing, I had to take a look at others buried in this cemetery and see if any were of special interest.  They were.

Also, this cemetery obviously was not a segregated one.

There were quite a few governors, Congressmen and Senators from Ohio along with several Civil War brevet generals and one Medal of Honor recipient.  Also, several veterans from the War of 1812.  I will be writing about the Civil War men in this blog.  The War of 1812 men will be in my Not So Forgotten:  War of 1812 blog.

The Civil War generals were Joseph Scott Fullerton, Joshua Woodrow Sill and Richard Long, Jr.  The Medal of Honor recipient was Richard Enderlin.

--Old Secesh


No comments: