The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Rather Walk Than Foresake the Flag

This brings new meaning to Fats Domino's "I'm Walking" and Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line."

The May 2nd News 13 station serving central Florida had a report on Bobby Tillett, an employee at the BJ's store in Jacksonville who is walking to work now so as not to take down the Confederate flag from his truck bed.

BJ's informed him that he would no longer be able to park on store property as long as kept flying the Confederate flag. He is now parking in a public lot a half mile away and walking the rest of the way, about ten minutes.

Said Tillett, "It's about heritage; it's about pride. I don't look at it as much different than the American flag. There's been a lot of blood spilled over that flag, and I love that flag, and I'll fly it 'till the day I die!"

No one at BJ's would comment.

Of course, parking at a public lot could become a problem if someone complains to the powers that be, and he is "requested" not to fly it here either.

I think it would be something if he were joined by flag supporters for his walk to work.

Mighty Proud of Bobby Tillett!! --Old B-Runner

No comments: