The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Carol Burnett's "Went With the Wind" on TV Monday Night


A couple nights ago, Liz called downstairs to have me tune to one of those old TV stations.  I did and found that famous skit Carol Burnett and cast did called "Went With the Wind."  Of course, a takeoff on the famous movie "Gone With the Wind."

This has to be one of the funniest skits she ever did (out of many, many, many).  It was amazing how she followed the general script of the original but did it in such a funny way.  Tim Conway played Brashly and Harvey Korman Captain Ratt Butler.

Conway cracked up Korman when he did his walk down the stairs and I don't know how Korman kept a straight face when Burnett walked down the stairs in that curtain dress.

This is definitely one of the best of the best comedy bits ever done.  I'm glad Liz alerted me to it.

You can see it on You Tube.

Still Laughing About It.  --Old Laughing 'Cesh.


No comments: