The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Hainesville Civil War Encampment and Battle-- Part 1

This took place on Saturday and Sunday, October 16 and 17, in Hainesville, Illinois.

I have been to this several times before.  Of course, it was not held last year because of you-know-what.  So, it was good to have it again.  I actually did not know it was going to be held until just a few weeks before it.

I always find it nice to get together with like-minded folks nd those just there to find out more about the war.

I went on Saturday and it was a blustery day, but not too bad as long as you stayed in the sun.  Shade was not a friend today at all.  I figured the re-enactors weren't too bad off in those wool uniforms on a day like this.

It cost $10 to park, but no other admission charge and was hosted by the Northbrook Sports Club at 200 S. Hainesville Road.

Let's just say I parked in the high grass and walked along a crushed asphalt walkway to where the action was.

As usual, the Confederate camp was pretty far away from the main activity area.  The Union camp was right by as I walked.

--Old Secesh


No comments: