The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Saturday, January 8, 2022

My Busman's Holiday with a Blogger: John Banks

All blogs devoted to the Civil War are great, but I am of the belief that the absolute best blogger is John Banks.  This guy lives the Civil War.  Kind of reminds me of the scene from the movie "Patton" where he said that he had been at Carthage when that city was destroyed by the Romans.

He lives the Civil War.

He also finds some of the most interesting things to focus his attention on.  

In the December 2021 Civil War Times magazine, he wrote about the Battle of Shepherdstown with a focus on the efforts of Lt. Lemuel Crocker to save his men. He visits the actual spots he writes about it.

I'd sure like to go along with him on a jaunt (other than with copperheads) and just do the experience.

Just go to John Banks' Civil War Blog and see what I mean.

Happy Busman's Holiday for Me.  --Old Secesh


No comments: