The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Texas Confederate Heroes Day on I-10

It would appear that some folks are not going to very happy about what they'll be seeing while driving down I-10. However, for this person, it will be a very welcome sight indeed.

In the Snips and Clips from Singleton column in the Navasota, Texas, Examiner, Confederate Heroes Day was celebrated this past Saturday, Jan. 19th, with the dedication of a new 80 foot flagpole that reportedly can withstand a hurricane by members of three Sons of Confederate Veterans camps: the Lee-Moses-Dixon Camp, the D. H. Maury Camp, and the Jefferson Davis Vindicator Camp.

At 1 p.m., a large 12 x 18 foot Confederate flag was hoisted. Now that is one impressive flag.

I had seen a huge flag flying in Tennessee along I-40 a couple years ago, but it wasn't there this past year when I drove by. I'm not sure what happened to it.

In other area observances:

The Sul-Ross SCV Camp 1465 had a dinner at the home of Commander Ray James and his wife Mary Ann.

The Grandbury Texas Brigade SCV Camp had a cotillion in which 8 Belles were presented.

Hey, Let's Keep the Flag Flying. --The Old B-Runner

No comments: