The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SCV National Convention in Charlotte

This past weekend, the Sons of Confederate Veterans held their national convention in Concord, a town outside Charlotte, NC. I had hoped to go and then visit with my family in the eastern part of the state, but ended up in the hospital and had surgery on my thumb for cellulitis and am still being treated for it as I write this. Pretty nasty stuff that I had never heard of before. It was an old yard wars injury, at least, I think.

Congratulations to new national Commander-in-Chief Chuck McMichael and Army of the Tennessee C-I-C Kelly Barrow and other newly elected officers.


IN OTHER SCV CONVENTION NEWS

This was hard to believe, but Kentucky Division Lt.-Commander Bazz Childress was arrested for putting up a battle flag in the window of his room at the Wyndham Hotel. This was at the behest of the hotel manager. This prompted all SCV members staying there to cancel their reservations and rightfully so.

Not that I could afford to stay at a Wyndham anyway, but another reason no to.

Old B-Runner