The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, August 24, 2020

Okay, So Actually My Big COVID-19 Road Trip Was a Little Longer Than I Thought


I had mentioned back in July that my drive to Algonquin, Illinois, from Spring Grove, Illinois, was 20.4 miles.  I looked it up on the internet and that number was evidently from town limits and not for driving to a specific spot.  Saturday, I set the trip odometer at zero and drove it again for our second MCCWRT discussion meeting, this time on "Beast" Butler.

It turns out that the drive from home to the Panera Bread in Algonquin was 22.4 miles.

Still the longest I've driven anywhere since March 17, Year of the Coronavirus.

By the way, this Saturday, August 29, is going to be the first of three Record Store Days, rescheduled from April because of you-know-what.  And, this year, it will be held on three days instead of one to hopefully prevent the big crowds that usually attend.

Also, next month's McHenry County Civil War Round Table (MCCWRT) discussion group's topic will be on another much-maligned Civil War personage, none other than Braxton Bragg.

Now I Am, Going to Have to Put Gas in the Tank.  --Old Secesh

No comments: