The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, March 18, 2024

A Sad Day for Us Civil War Fans: Goodbye to 'Civil War Times' and 'America's Civil War'

I have been a long-time subscriber to the magazine "Civil War Times" going back to the 1970s with the exception of a several year period on the 80s.  As a matter of fact, I have a subscription to it right now that runs for another year.

A short while back they went from a bimonthly magazine to quarterly.  I didn't care for that, but, let's face it, these are really hard time for anything published in a non digital form.  But, at least we still had the magazine, though not as often.

But, come to think of it, I couldn't remember when the last time was that I had gotten a new issue.

In addition, I often picked up a copy of the CWT's sister magazine, "America's Civil War" at our local Meijer store (which still has a good selection of magazines).  The last several months I hadn't seen either magazine offered for sale at Meijer.

Friday, I stopped at the Volo, Illinois, Woodman's grocery store which also has a big magazine selection including these two magazines.  Again, no CWT or ACW.

Well, sadly I now know why.

They are gone out of business.  I went on the internet and found out why.

A Sad Day Indeed.  --Old Secesh


No comments: