The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Civil War Round Tables-- Part 5: Rock River Valley CWRT

Bob Ash, Dick Wolff, Mary Webber, Ray Schoenfeld, Ed Rounds and others were instrumental in maintaining and growing the organization.  Meeting locations changed a bit, but eventually they moved to the new facilities at Wesley Willows, where an optional lunch preceded each meeting presentation.

By the time COVID -19 closed down all such public gatherings in 2020, the average attendance was over 50.

"I've been a member of the Rock River Valley Round Table for about 15 years, retired Rockford radio and TV journalist Bob Pressman says.  "At my first meeting, I was impressed with the number of people and surprised by how many I already knew-- none of whom had ever mentioned [the group] to me."

Pressman, like others in the group, has presented several programs, including ones on Reconstruction and myths and facts about the Civil War.

--Old Secesh


No comments: