The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Da Sore Thumb

Not a lot of posting last month from me due to an extremely sore thumb that landed me in a hospital for several days and then there was lots of follow up care including visiting nurses, antibiotic deliveries, hydrotherapy treatments back at the hospital on a daily basis, my regular doctor appointments, the infectuous disease doctor, and doctor who operated on my thumb (I had two operations).

I'll tell you that cellulitis is NASTY, and not something you want to get or take likely. I was told I could have lost my thumb, hand, and/0r arm. Evidently, I had a thistle embed itself in my thumb while working in the yard and then bacteria got under the skin. The thumb at one time was double its size and oozing all sorts of colored liquids. Pretty nasty.

Then, on top of it, they put a picc in my left arm for the antibiotics. This pretty-well cost me the use of my left hand. My right hand was already messed up with the thumb. As a result, I was very helpless.

It's getting better now, so I will try to continue on this subject of my great interest.

Dadburn Cellulitis!!! --Old B-Runner