The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, January 25, 2016

MCCWRT Discussion Group-- Part 1: Early and Ewell


I went to my first meeting of the McHenry County Civil War Round Table discussion group this past Saturday, January 23, which meets at the Panera Bread Co. restaurant on Northwest Highway in Crystal lake, Illinois.  I'd never been in a Panera before.  It was quite crowded, but we had a private room which was good as it would have been too loud otherwise.

I just had the coffee (large for $2.25, but free refills).  Quite good.  I now know why they put those paper strips around the cup.

We had about 14 people in attendance and the topic today were Confederate Generals Richard S. Ewell and  Jubal Early.  I have often heard the names of these two men,  but didn't know a real lot about them. That was also the case with most everyone else, so it was a good topic.

--Old Secesh

No comments: