The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Slumdog Millionaired Myself to Some Answers


Last Saturday, December 22, the McHenry County Civil War Round Table discussion group had a trivia meeting.

I answered two hard ones, because of Slumdog Millionaire.  They asked questions that I had just recently come across or just knew.

One was, "What was the name of Abraham Lincoln's sister?"  I had just recently finished reading Carl Sandburg's "Abraham Lincoln Grows Up" taken from his "Abraham Lincoln:  The Prairie Years."  Otherwise there would be no way I would have known.  The answer is "Sarah."

Then, when I was asking about the USRC Harriet Lane, someone wanted to know for whom it was named.  Well, since I have just recently been researching it because of an article in Naval History magazine, I knew that one as well.  It was named for President Buchanan's niece who played hostess at the White House during his administration.

I Ain't As Smart As I Am Lucky.  --Old Luck

No comments: