The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Finally, an In-Person McHenry County Civil War Round Table Meeting in June-- Part 1: Back in the Saddle Again

Little did I know when I attended the McHenry County Civil War Round Table Meeting in March 2020, but that was going to be the last one until June 8, 2021.  And, you know why.  Our usual meeting place, the Woodstock Public Library (Illinois) was closed and still is until sometime in the fall for meetings.

Now, we had had several meetings with presentations via Zoom, but since I don't do Zoom, I was left out (by my own choice of course).  We did have several discussion group meeting in person starting in the summer and fall of 2020.

Because there were no meetings, it was decided that anyone who had paid dues for 2020, did not have to do so for 2021.

Sadly, in the interim, we lost several members who died and several who have moved away or in extremely poor health.

I tell you, this virus has been rough on all history groups.  Of course, a big part of  the problem is that history groups tend to be a bit long in the tooth if you know what I mean.

Anyway, out president is a member of the McHenry County Historical Society and he was able to arrange to have their museum in Union, Illinois, open for a Tuesday night meeting on June 8, 2021.  That is about a 30 mile drive for me, but, as they say, I was "chomping at the bit" to get back with history.

Welcome Back.  --Old Secesh


No comments: