The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why Be a Civil War Re-enactor?

From an interview in the September 16-22nd Lake County Journal.

This past Saturday, I was immersed up to my eyeballs with Civil War re-enactors at the 8th annual Lake Villa, Illinois Civil War Days. Re-enactors are a special breed who are really gung-ho about all things dealing with the war. I mean, I'm interested in the war and have a good-sized library to show for it along with membership in the SCV and Civil War Preservation Trust. Also, I have been to many sites connected with the war.

But, re-enactors? These guys (and gals) take it to another level.

The Lake County Journal had an interview with Erik Schultz of Hainesville, Illinois. A whole page was devoted to the event and Erik.

The Schultz Lowdown:

NUMBER OF RE-ENACTMENTS HE'S BEEN ON-- more than 400
FAVORITE CIVIL WAR CHARACTER-- Braxton Bragg or Ben Butler (I'd sure like to know why he chose these two less than stellar folk?)
FAVORITE CIVIL WAR SITE-- Antietam
RECOMMENDED CIVIL WAR BOOK-- "Hardtack and Coffee" by John D. Billings

Not Finished Yet. --Old B-Runner

No comments: