The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Doing My Own Little Civil War Thing-- Part 1: "1862"

This past weekend, I went to the Civil War and never left the area here in northeastern Illinois/southeastern Wisconsin.

Saturday, I put the new Extended Antique tags on the '85 Firebird.  You can get antique tags if your vehicle is twenty-five years or older.  They are cheaper than the regular tags.  This is the first year for extended tags on which you can drive anywhere as often as you like from April to November (which is when I drive it anyway).  Regular antique tags allow you just to go to shows and get gas or repairs.

My old regular tags expired June 30th, so it was a good time to take the old ones off.

The best part of my new ones is that they are just four numbers:  "1862."  That is this year's sesquicentennial of the war.  I proudly drive around with those numbers.

A Coincidence, A Civil War Nut Getting 1862?  --Old Secesh

No comments: