The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Why It Takes So Long to Do This Blog

Last week, i started writing about blacks in the Union Army from McHenry County, Illinois.  I am still not finished with what I heard at that meeting of the McHenry County Civil War Round  Table.

Since them, I have researched the 153rd Illinois Infantry Regiment, Private Adam S. Jackson and the 29th USCT.  I saw that the 153rd Illinois had organized at a Camp Fry in Chicago.  I've heard a lot about a Camp Douglas, but never heard of Camp Fry so that really caused me to spend a lot of time as there is not much about Camp Fry.

I also, while researching Camp Fry, came across a Camp Goodell in Joliet, Illinois, that had some sort of a Civil War connection and even a Camp Rheinberg (or Reinberg) in Palatine, Illinois, which was a training facility during World War I.  When I was in junior high, we used to go for nature outings at a Camp  Rheinberg.  Looks like that calls for some more research.

One Thing Leads to Another, As They Say.  --Old Secesh

No comments: