The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

About That (s)t. (l)ouis Thang


Liz was not  real happy with me yesterday when she remarked while we were driving around (s)t. (l)ouis (small letters because of its shame) that we had not stopped at Ted Drewes for a concrete ice cream.  Though I would definitely have wanted one,, I told her the big reason we didn't go is my boycott of that city because they took down the Confederate statue in Forest Park.

When that happened, (s)t. (l)ouis joined the ever expanding list of cities I am boycotting.  If you offend me by taking down a Confederate statue, I certainly won'y spend any money in your city.  And that is really too bad because I definitely like (s)t. (l)ouis.

On Friday, I liked at the (s)t. (l)ouis newspaper and saw an article saying that so far this year, murders in that city were at 160, up six from the same time a year ago.  Perhaps that city should take care of more pressing problems than Confederate statues.

By the way, that Confederate statue that used to be in Forest Park is not considered a suspect in any of the murders, so I guess we can at least be thankful for that.

You Sure Have to Watch Out for Those Racist Confederate Statues.  No One Must Be Offended!!  --Old Secesh

No comments: