The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Sure Wasn't Expecting to Be "Out West" with This Blog, But, Here I Am: "RoadTrippin' Through History"


Now, this is about mt 17th blog entry dealing with Nebraska and Colorado.  Two months ago, I did not know of any of this and it all started with a move in Nebraska to put up a statue in honor of their 1st Nebraska Infantry Regiment at Fort Donelson.  Before that, I did not even know Nebraska had any regiments during the war.  And, I suppose that since this is not a Confederate statue, certain people will leave it alone.

Both were territories during the war.

You just never know where any of my blogs are headed as I do my research and writing according to road cruising.  I start at a point and just don't know where I am headed with it or how far I'll go with it.   Kind of like going to YouTube to hear a song, and then four hours later, you're still listening to music on that site.

This is something I get from my love of cruising down old roads, especially Route 66, the Lincoln Highway and the Dixie Highway.  You know where you start, but have no idea where you're headed.  I call this "Roadtripping Through History."

It will be interesting to see how far I go with this, or, for that matter, where I go with this.

See You When and Where I Go.  --Old Secesh

No comments: