The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Civil War Sites in Missouri

We're "On the Road" right now and are coming back from Independence, Missouri.

While in Independence, I saw several references to the First and Second Battles of Independence and must admit, I was a bit confused about what part the town might have played in the American Revolution, then had an "Oh!" moment.

Passed a marker, but too fast and far to read. I don't know anything about these battles other than one involving 15,000 troops, so I'll have to find out about it.

Of course, Independence is also where the "Buck Stopped."

Yesterday, on I-70, I saw an exit sign for a Confederate Memorial and the Battle of Lexington (there they go again trying to confuse me with that independence stuff.

It's a Civil War Thing. --Old B-R