The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Amy Hotz's Civil War Quiz on Fort Fisher and Wilmington

The January 9, 2010, Wilmington Star News had a 25-question quiz it was suggested you take before heading out to the 145th Anniversary Commemoration of the Second battle of Fort Fisher this weekend.

A nice photo of part of the Fort Fisher parapet and dunes taken shortly after the battle by Timothy O'Sullivan accompanied the article.

I took it and submitted my answers and believe I probably got between 17 and 20 right. I had to guess on some of them. Entries by Jan. 15th might win three books on the Civil War in the Wilmington area. I don't expect to win as many others know way more than I do plus some will look up the answers. (I have two of the books anyway.)

You can view the article and quiz at:

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20100109/ARTICLE/100109712?Title=Take-our-local-history-quiz-before-visiting-Fort-Fisher

Or, search Amy Hotz Fort Fisher Quiz.

Hurt My Head Thinking So Much. --B-R'er

No comments: