The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Answers to Fort Fisher Quiz

These are the answers to the questions I posted Jan 14-16th. I also note the ones I missed and why.


1. Rhode Island
2. About one mile
3. 10-inch Columbiad **Missed. I guessed the 150-pdr. Armstrong gun. Had I known it was just an 8-inch bore, I would have gone with the Columbiad. What's bigger? Ten inches or 150 pounds?

4. USS Louisiana
5. lighthouse
6. Fort Anderson-- I took a big guess on this one. But the question and time frame would have made this an option.

7. Fort St. Philip-- **Missed. I had no idea.
8. True
9. C No one knows but also accepted Gen. George Burgwyn Anderson which was my guess.

10. barracks **Missed. I knew they had discovered a gun platform at the dig but hadn't read anything about the barracks. I had to go with platform although her clue of building bothered me.
11. Robert F. Hoke
12. True

13. Sugar Loaf
14. USS Niphon-- **Missed A complete guess on my part of the USS Santiago de Cuba.
15. E

16. Did not count this because of a printing error. Should have been E All of the Above.
17. Kate
18. CSS North Carolina **Missed I didn't think he commanded the CSS Albemarle.

19. at sea
20. eaten by worms
21. wounding of Jackson at the Battle of Chancellorsville

22. not related **Missed Who knew?
23. Lincoln Memorial
24. Rose O'Neal Greenhow
25. United Daughters of the Confederacy **Missed I guessed Thalian Hall, but had no idea.

Better Luck Next Time. --Old B-Runner

No comments: