The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fort Fisher Quiz

Back on January 14th, 15th and 16th I wrote down the questions Amy Hotz had written to test our knowledge of Civil War Wilmington, NC, and Fort Fisher in honor of the 145th anniversary commemoration that was held Jan 15th to 17th.

I did not look up any answers and figured that I had gotten between 17 and 21 of them correct as I had to really guess on some of them. I ended up with 18 correct.
The ones I thought I might have missed turned out to be the ones I did miss.

Most people missed number 3 and 9. Several only missed one question and their entries drawn at random. Joe George of Wilmington won the three books.

Rebel Gibraltar: Fort Fisher and Wilmington, C.S.A. by James L. Walker
Fort Anderson: The Battle for Wilmington by Chris E. Fonvielle, Jr.
The Wilmington Campaign: The Last Rays of Departing Hope by Chris E. Fonvielle, Jr.

Oh well, I had the two Fonvielle books already.

Guess I Should Have Looked Up Some Stuff. --Old B-Runner.

No comments: