The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Flags Flying for 9-11

I am writing about 9-11 in all my blogs today and getting ready to drive to nearby Johnsburg, Illinois, for the annual "Circle of Flags" ceremony by the library at 9 a.m..

Then, I remembered that I hadn't put my U.S. flags out.  I just got back in from doing just that.  They are flying from the front porch, front sidewalk flower bed (two of them), the mailbox and the deck.

I was teaching school 13 years ago and found out about it between 1st and 2nd periods.  The rest of the school day, this was my new lesson plan.  For the five years I taught before retirement in 2006, every year my students wrote a 500-word essay on their experience with 9-11.

It was Their Pearl Harbor and JFK Assassination.

No comments: