The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Fourteen Years Ago and 5,288 Posts, This Blog Was Brought Forth


This new year marks the 14th year this blog, my third one, has been around and now it has 5,288 posts on top of that.

I am so thankful this blog can now concentrate on the actual war, not this second Civil War we now find ourselves in.

This one grew out of my second blog, Down Da Road I Go, which was too be anything else I was interested in besides old roads and trips.  So much of it was becoming the Civil War, which was my very first big interest, that I decided it was time to spin this one off.

Saw the Elephant refers to the term Civil War soldiers, evidently on both sides, used to describe combat.  You first battle?  Then you have seen the elephant.

The sign-off of Old Secesh refers to the fact that I am old and Secesh was a derisive term used by Northerners to put down Southerners who seceded.  I actually like the term, so use it.

Anyway, way too many blogs, now eight altogether, and way too much time spent on them.

Oh, Well.  --Old Secesh

No comments: