The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Civil War Talk Forum

This past weekend, I joined up with another Forum (like I don't belong to enough forums, e-mail groups, these four blogs, and my journal I've been keeping since 1977 aren't enough to wear my fingers out).

I came across it from another blog that linked it.

Only took me about ten minutes to figure out the numbers and letters in the anti-spam blocker. Now, that was some oblivious placements and colorations, migty hard on these old eyes. I perservered and am now a member at he Cadet level. I'm using the name RoadDog and used the great picture Liz found for me of the dog running down the dirt road as an avatar for the first time on a forum. I may switch all of the others to it.

Lots of interesting threads and members. I've already personally corresponded with several, including Ole from Kankakee, Illinois.

I'm going to enjoy this one. Already have done postings about Thomas O. Selfridge, USN and the river war. He was also at Fort Fisher.

If you're a fan of the Civil War, you might want to visit the Civil War Talk forum.

I must admit that my interest in the war was flagging until I started my original blog, http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com and started posting about the Civil War so much it became necessary to start this blog.

Here a Type, There a Typle, Everywhere a Type-Type. --Old Blockade-Runner