The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Great New Blog

And right up my alley. Today, I came across this new blog titled Wilmington and the War by Jonathan J. Anderson, and it wowed me. It is onlt two months old and has six posts, but I couldn't be more interested.

Jonathan said his interest in the Civil War started on the sand mounds of Fort Fisher when he was 5 back in the 1970s, much the way my Civil War interest started, but only in the 1950s.

The blog made for interesting reading with entries about 6.4 inch Whitworth shells and Whitworth guns, Wilmington's Upland River Defense, Pt 1, sand, and Marines looking for unexploded shells at Ft. Anderson. I'll have a blog entry about this last item. Thanks, Jonathan.

The website is at http://wilmingtonatwar.blogspot.com

Well Worth a Look as a History, Civil War, or Civil War Naval Person. Old B-Runner