The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Big 1000th Blog Entry!!

What started November 10, 2007, reaches the 1000th post with this one. That's a lot of two-fingered typing. Although, I must admit that I am a very fast two-fingered typist.

As I said yesterday, this started as an outgrowth of my Down Da Road I Go blog when I noticed more and more posts concerning the Civil War, which has always been a favorite topic of mine, although one that was lagging until I started this and got hooked again. I'm not sure that I should be too happy about it, but, that's the way it goes.

I posted four entries that first day, the first being about an attack on the Confederate battle flag and the second about Union Naval Lt. Benjamin H. Porter who was killed in the attack on Fort Fisher. There was also one on the 232nd birthday of the USMC and the last on the CSMC.

These continue to be my major topics of interest today.

Doing a count of labels, I see that 30 are on blockade-running, 22 on the blockade, 21 on Confederate ships, 24 on forts, 13 on monitors, 56 US ships, 64 on Wilmington and 131 on Fort Fisher.

Anything naval, coastal, riverine, warships, forts, North Carolina, Fort Fisher, Wilmington is of special interest.

I definitely need to find something else to do, but probably won't. I enjoy doing the research too much.

Will There Be Another 1000? --Old B-Runner

No comments: