The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Battle of Bentonville Re-Enactment Tomorrow

One of the main reasons I came down to North Carolina at this time (and so soon after the trip to Florida), is the mega reenactment for the 145th anniversary of the largest battle fought in the state, the Battle of Bentonville which will be tomorrow and Sunday.

My brother Bob and are going out there tomorrow.

Checking out the website, www.bentonville145.com, I see that it opens at 9 am. At 10"30, Chris Fonvielle will be giving a talk which I hope to see. The last time I saw him, he was running the Blockade Runner Museum in Carolina Beach (where the town hall is today) and he had more knowledge on Fort Fisher and the blockade than anyone I've ever met. he has since written several books on the Wilmington area during the Civil War.

There will be about 3,500 reenactors on hand and a battle between 3 and 4 pm. I have seen reenactments with between 300 and 350 people, but never this many.

We're Going to the Battle to See the Elephant (But as Spectators). --Old B-Runner

No comments: