The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Facts About This Blog-- Part 1

My first blog was my RoadDog's Roadlog, devoted to travels on the road. My niece Andrea helped me get it started while visiting there. When I returned home from Nashville, I found I was unable to get into the blog to post and, while experimenting and looking, ended up with a second blog I called Down Da Road. When I was able to get the first one back, I decided to turn Down Da Road into one about myself and other things I am interested in.

That would be music, history, Civil War, and what I'm up to. I started having so many Civil War posts, I decided to spin off a third blog, which became this one.

Saw the Elephant was a Civil War expression used by troops to describe the battle experience. I concentrate on events around Wilmington, North Carolina, Fort Fisher, both Navies, Blockade Running and any land events that catch my interest.

Way Too Much Time Devoted to This Effort. --Old B-Runner

I should mention that it is interesting that the first battle of the ironclads Monitor and CSS Virginia took place on this date in 1862. Kind of fitting that this blog's approaching 1000th entry would occur so close to it since the Navy is a big aspect of it.

No comments: