The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Civil War Navy Word Scramble

The Civil War Navy Sesquicentennial site at http://civilwarnavy150.blogspot.com site is the place to be for Navy Nuts like me.

They currently have a contest going on where they ask three questions each segment and leave it up to readers to answer. I managed to tie for first (8 of 10 points) in the first round, but forgot to send in my answers for the second quiz.

One part was a word scramble. I managed to get the first one on my own, but had my wife get the other four. She likes word scrambles. I don't. She could unscramble. Once she did get some of the word, she would tell me what she had and I was able to complete the word with my naval knowledge.

Give it a try yourself: (Answers below) All words have to do with the Civil War Navy.

A. table choked ___ ___________.


B. a canon and alp ________ ______


C. an ivy noun ______ ______


D. a fools prow _________ _______ _______


E. a blender uncork __________ ________










A. The Blockade


B. Anaconda Plan


C. Union Navy


D. Sloop of War


E. Blockade Runner

Thanks, Liz. --Old B-R'er

No comments: