The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

While On the Subject of Heritage Attacks

I have been keeping a list of what I consider to be heritage attacks starting back last February.  I'll just start listing until I get too angry to continue.

MARCH 9TH--  Someone stole the bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest from Live Oak Cemetery in Selma, Alabama.

MARCH  Lexington, Virginia, will no longer allow Confederate flags on light poles.

APRIL 3RD--  Delaware IDOT rescinded a written reprimand and one day suspension for an employee with a Confederate flag on his personal vehicle.  This shouldn't have happened in the first place.

APRIL 8TH--  Watching an episode of the Simpsons where the Confederate flag was said to be "on the wrong side of history."

APRIL 21ST--  A University of Nebraska at Lincoln fraternity got in trouble while marching to raise money for veterans and one member had a Confederate flag that offended one university worker.

So, now it has come to anything that offends one person or a group of people means it can't be done anymore.  If so, maybe I should be starting my own list of things that offend me.

Old Secesh

No comments: