The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Who Shot General Sedgewick?-- Part 1

From the December 1995, Blue & Gray magazine.

The Woodstock (Illinois) Public Library was getting rid of some of their old magazines, so I picked this one up as it featured the North Carolina Battle of Bentonville, fought near Goldsboro, N.C., where I was born.  The magazine also had the article"The Man Who Shot John Sedgwick" by Roger S. Durham.

One man who most believe was the shooter was Charles D. Grace of the 4th Georgia Infantry Regiment.  That regiment number sounded recently familiar to me and then I read that Grace was from LaGrange, Georgia, where the female military unit, the Nancy Harts were from.

I have been writing a lot about Nancy Hart, the American revolution heroine, in my Cooter's History Blog lately.

--Old Secesh

No comments: