The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Where Were You 9-11?


Yesterday, I asked several people where they were on 9-11.  Most said at work.  Most said they would like to go to the ceremony in McHenry, Illinois' Veterans Park today, but, alas, they had to work again.

Today, my waitress at Steak 'N Shake in McHenry said she was at work.

The checkout person at Wal-Mart said that she was in the Marine Corps in an aircraft hangar and watched the events unfolding in the sergeant-major's office.

Then, at the Spring Grove Walgreens a lady stocking the Halloween aisle said she was at home and her daughter called to say she had to turn on the TV and watch.  Unfortunately, 9-11 is also her birthday so that kind of ruined the day for her.  I wished her a happy birthday and sang one verse of "Happy Birthday" to her.

Most of the time I could remember Mom's birthday because of its closeness to 9-11.  Her birthday was September 14.

I am devoting all my blogs to 9-11 today.

No comments: