Thursday, February 21, 2019
Answers to Frank's Questions from Yesterday-- Part 2
1. Adelbert Ames-- Last Union general to die. (Also Benjamin Butler's son-in-law.)
2. Edward Kerrigan-- Of the 16th Illinois Cavalry. Supervised the hangings of the six Raiders at Andersonville.
3. Sgt. Harry Reese-- Of the 48th Pennsylvania. Volunteered to enter tunnel to what became the Crater at Petersburg to see why it hadn't ignited.
4. C. C.. Banks-- Of the U.S. Christian Commission. Informed Lincoln's son Robert that his father had been shot.
5. Elizabeth Queseberry-- Involved in John Wilkes Booth's escape into Virginia.
6. Martin Reuben Merritt Wallace-- 4th Illinois Cavalry. Brother of General Wallace. Drowned at Cairo, Illinois, in 1862, while embarking for the attack on Fort Henry.
Hard enough there, Frank.
OK, Frank, here's one for you: Who was James Reilly, Sgt. U.S. Army, Major C.S. Army and what was he noted for?