The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Got My Gettysburg Quarter

Yesterday, I received a Gettysburg quarter at some point. I always look at quarters when I get them, especially when they are the state ones. I'm still looking for a Michigan and a Arizona letter "P" to fill out my third and last state book. Those "P"s are mighty hard to come by.

Last year, the mint began issuing National Park quarters, but I rarely see them. Back in March, I was in North Carolina and asked a coin dealer why. He said the government was selling only to dealers, but you could get a roll from one of them for $17,a tidy $7 profit on a $10 roll.

I was hoping to collect these new quarters, but not like that!! So far, I have come across just four of these new quarters. Until now, all have been of Yellowstone.

I think it's appropriate to get the Gettysburg one here in Lincoln's Springfield. n Something about a speech he gave there. Also, I came here because of a Sons of Confederate Veterans convention and have toured the Abraham Lincoln Museum and have been researching the Civil War along Route 66.

Got Quarters? --Old B-R'er

No comments: