The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scouts in Springfield

This past weekend, Springfield, Illinois, was overrun with Boy, Cub and Girl Scouts. I saw lots of Boy Scouts and a few Cub Scouts both days. both days. The Springfield State Journal Register also said there were Girl Scouts although I never saw any.

The paper said they were at Lincoln's New Salem Village north of town and some hiked 21 miles along the Lincoln Trail back to town. Sunday, they were at the Lincoln Tomb for a ceremony and had a parade back to the downtown.

This was the 66th annual trek to Lincoln's hometown. A great experience for a great organization,

While on our way to Springfield, we stopped in Genoa, Illinois, at a McDonald's. This was at 10:30 am, and I saw some scoutmasters and Webloes there. I was wondering why the kids would not be in school, so this must explain it.

I understand this was also a camping situation, my favorite when I was scouting.

Glad to See the Boys Getting Some History. --Old B-Runner

No comments: