The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Saw Another Really Big Confederate Flag

Yesterday, we drove from South Florida's Hollywood Beach across Alligator Alley to the west coast and took I-75 north to Tampa and then east on I-4.

I remembered hearing that the local SCV group had erected a huge flagpole from which to fly a huge Confederate Naval Jack at the intersection so that everyone could see it.  I was hoping to see that huge jack as I'd heard it was the largest one ever made.  But it wasn't flying.

They did have a large Third National flag flying proudly, though.  Made me feel proud.

It is too bad that the current anti-Confederate hatred is so prevalent.  If it wasn't, there would be no need for these huge flags.

They are kind of like the Revolutionary War "Don't Tread On Me" flags.

Flying High and Proud.  --Old Secesh

No comments: