The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Getting My Civil War On This Weekend: Round Table Discussion Group and Sons of Confederate Veterans

Saturday, June 24, I have two Civil War-related things going on here way up north in Union land here in the Land of Lincoln.

First, the McHenry County Civil War Round Table Discussion Group meets in Crystal Lake to talk about Confederate generals other than Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.  I plan on talking about Gen. W.H.C. Whiting.

Then, I will go to Lake-in-the-Hills to a meeting of the Camp Douglas Camp of the Sons of Confederate Veterans where we will install new officers.  Our camp is named in honor of the 6,000 Confederates who died at Camp Douglas prison camp during the Civil War.

Getting My Confederate On.  --Old Secesh

No comments: