The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Secession Ball Draws Contention

This coming Monday, December 20th, several organizations in Charleston, SC, are having a $100-a-ticket Secession Gala Ball and Dinner to commemorate the state's secession from the Union 150 years ago. It is a formal kick-off to the Civil War Sesquicentennial.

It will be held at the Galliard Municipal Auditorium.

Of course, the NAACP is planning to protest event, calling it the "Holocaust Gala" even though there are no-known Confederate Concentration Camps that I know of where millions of slaves were gassed.

I thought I knew a lot about the war, but guess I will have to research this.

With All the Other Problems Facing Our Black Citizens, I Am Surprised That This Organization Cannot Find Other More Worthy Things to Strive Toward. --B-R'er

No comments: