Monday, October 3, 2016

Hainesville's Civil War Encampment and Battle-- Part 2: To Go Or Not To Go

Events consisted of talks by the presenters, a parade, drill, assembly, narrated battles on both days and hospital surgery.

It was a full docket, but unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate.  We had heavy rains in the early morning and then plenty of threatening clouds all morning and forecasts of more downpours.

Since Hainesville is about twenty miles from home, I was debating as to whether to go or not.  I would hate to drive all the way there and find it had been canceled, as happened once at the Lake Villa Civil War encampment.

However, at noon, I decided to chance it and drove there.

--Old Secesh

--

No comments: