The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11 in 2015: "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue (The Angry American)"

Continued from my Cooter's History Thing blog.

Lyrics to Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue."

Continuing with the spoken words.

Never heard him cry about it one time
he was glad to go, do it, that's why we're free today
And it's our turn to stand on what our fathers and forefathers did for us
And make sure we don't let 'em down.

I wrote a song in the following days after September 11th.
It's called the angry American
I wanna send this out to my father tonight.


American girls and guys
We'll always stand up and salute, we'll always recognize
When we see Old Glory flying, there's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head.

My daddy served in the Army where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
To grow up and live happy in the land of the free.

Continued on my Running the Blockade Civil War Naval blog.


No comments: