The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Friday, July 15, 2016

The Confederacy Under Attack-- 311: "Can You Love the Confederate Flag and Not Hate Black People?"

From July 10, 2016, Google Alerts for Confederate.

**  Can you love the Confederate Flag and not hate black people?  (Myrtle Beach S,C, Sun letter to the editor)  I don't usually mention letters to the editor as everyone has an opinion, but this is a good question in today's tense racial times.  As for me, I can say that I am a Confederate Flag backer as it represents what my ancestors were fighting for, their own independent country, free from Northern dominance.

And, no, I don't hate blacks.  I am disappointed in their putting so much effort into "erasing" all things Confederate because of the "S" word.  They certainly have bigger things to address like the black on black murders and shootings all across the country.  Other things are the refusal of so many to accept education as a way out of poverty and the general situation in the inner cities.

Yes, I know there was the slavery issue with the Confederacy and had they succeeded, I would hope this sorry  and ineffective excuse for a labor system would have been eventually abolished.  Especially in light of the fact that it only kept the rich people in control of the government.  (After all, the North had already come up with their factory system which was a much better way to have workers toil.)

--Old Secesh

No comments: