The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Heritage Attacks


It seems everytime I turn around, there is a new attack on Confederate heritage. I understand why some people don't like the Confederacy and don't blame them at all. But what I really hate is that so many people today put current beliefs and mindset onto people from back then and that should not happen. That is just the way it was.

I grew up in my much younger days in a very segregated South, complete with the colored and whites drinking fountains. This did not make me a racist (well, I wasn't old enough to really know, born 1951), it was just the way it was. I agree that it wasn't right from today's perspective, but back then, like I said, it was just the way it was.

Anyway, most everytime I see heritage attacks, it maddens me.

And, there is plenty to get mad about. After all, there are certain aspects about the main group that hates everything Confederate that I don't like, but, if you don't like it, ignore it.

My Ancestors Were Outnumbered and Under Attack Back Then and Still Are. --Old Secesh

No comments: