The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Brunswick Civil War Round Table

This organization is fairly new, just being formed in May 2010. As of this past June, membership stood at 280 members. That is one big organization, much bigger than most round tables. And to have reached that number that fast. I sure wish our Sons of Confederate Veterans camps could do likewise here in Illinois.

It is called Brunswick probably because of the North Carolina county its in.

Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month at Trinity United Methodist Church at 209 East Nash Street in Southport.

I was impressed that they would have a speaker of Stephen Wise's stature come to speak to them, but looking at other talks coming up, it no longer surprises me.

Jan. 11, 2012, they are having Ed Bearss speak. This is one man I sure would love to see. he is the real Mr. Civil War. (However, my wife's birthday is Jan. 10th so doubt I'll get to go.)

In April and May, two other noted Civil War scholars also speak. First, William C. Davis and then Chris Fonvielle. Fonvielle will speak on Union Naval hero William B. Cushing.

I Know Three Times I'd Really Like to Be in Southport. --Old B-Runner

No comments: