The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cape Hatteras Commemoration-- Part2

There will also be a Civil War Conference which is scheduled from Thursday August 25th through Saturday August 27th and features some big names in Civil War history: James M. McPherson, Ed Bearss and Craig L. Symonds.

Attendance to this is open to the public but registration is limited to 250 on a first-come basis. registration is $175 and includes the speakers, three dinners, a monument dedication and much more.

A living history program is scheduled for the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse grounds on Saturday.

For more information www.flagsoverhatteras.com.

I'd just about pay the $175 to see Ed Bearss. I understand he is quite an experience.

Since August 25th is my 38th wedding anniversary, I doubt that Liz would let me go, anyway.

It's a War Thing. --Old B-R'er

No comments: