The Battle of Fort Fisher, N.C.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Looks Like I'll Be Missing An Interesting Talk

I came across an announcement for the Brunswick Civil War Round Table's (Southport, North Carolina) September 6th meeting and their featured speaker, Stephen R. Wise, who will be speaking about blockade-runners. This man is one of the foremost authorities on this activity, having written the book "Lifeline of the Confederacy: Blockade Running During the Civil War."

He is a professor at the University of South Carolina Beaufort Campus and will focus on the blockade off the North Carolina Coast, its impact on Southport (called Smithville during the war) and blockade-running into and out of Wilmington.

You'd better believe I'd really love to be at this talk. I could also get my copy of his book autographed.

Too far Away and Was Just in the Area. --Old B-Runner

No comments: